Treat yourself with a simple yet effective papaya face mask to get beautiful, glowing skin. This beauty recipe nourishes your skin with the goodness of papaya, honey and lemon juice.
Papaya, also called the ‘fruit of the angels’, is rich in vitamins A, C and E, and has antioxidant properties. It hydrates your skin, keeps it soft and removes acne, blemishes, dark spots and other similar problems.
It also contains alpha hydroxy acids that naturally exfoliate the skin and help maintain youthful skin, thanks to their anti-aging properties.The enzyme papain in papaya is also beneficial for gently removing dead skin cells. Plus, due to its rich texture, pureed papaya makes a smooth paste that is easy to apply.
Honey provides an unmatched moisturizing effect. Being a natural humectant, it helps retain moisture to keep your skin hydrated. It is also an antimicrobial and will fight off bacteria that cause acne.
Lemon juice is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants that rejuvenate your skin. It promotes skin lightening, reduces excess oil, combats acne and makes your skin soft and smooth.
All in all, this papaya face mask will hydrate your skin, improve your skin tone and reduce wrinkles, blemishes, acne, age spots and skin discoloration.
How to make a papaya face mask for beautiful skin:
Things you will need:
- 1/4 ripe papaya
- A bowl
- A knife
- A blender
- Measuring spoons
1. Chop one-quarter of a papaya into pieces.
2. Put it in a blender.
3. Add one tablespoon of honey to it.
4. Add one-half teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
Your homemade papaya face mask is ready now.
How to use
- Wash your face and apply the papaya face mask on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Finally, splash cold water on your face.
You can use this papaya face mask once a week to enjoy beautiful skin.
- Steam your face before applying this face mask to open up the pores.
- Use raw, organic honey rather than processed honey as the latter contains additives that may irritate your skin.
- Use a ripe to overripe papaya for this recipe so that it blends well. If the papaya is soft and mushy, you can simply mash it up using a fork instead of a blender.
- Papaya peels are also great for your skin. Simply rub the peels on your skin and wash it off after a few minutes.
- Also, eat the delicious sweet papaya fruit on a regular basis to derive its various health as well as beauty benefits.