KARACHI: Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Inam Memon on Tuesday categorically denied allegations leveled by former home minister of Sindh Dr Zulfiqar Mirza. He added that if Mirza had lost trust in the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and its leadership, the party disowns him.
The PPP media cell held a press conference in Karachi to answer the allegations leveled by the former provincial home minister.
Zulfiqar Mirza had earlier claimed there were ‘serious differences’ between party chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari and his father, former president and PPP co-chairperson Asif Ali Zardari.
Dr Mirza said Mr Bhutto-Zardari was “extremely unhappy and dissatisfied” with the performance of the Sindh government and its “inept, corrupt and incompetent ministers” whom, he alleged, had deviated from the mission envisaged by the slain party leader Benazir Bhutto. Firing a broadside at provincial ministers, an angry Dr Mirza had said they were “involved in selling jobs by grabbing hefty amounts even from committed party activists”.
“Bilawal wanted to run party affairs like his mother, but he found himself stymied by vested interests,” he had said.
Speaking at the press conference today, Sharjeel Memon criticised Mirza for attributing his success to his leader and then “abusing” the same man.
“How will he justify this?” Memon asked.
Referring to the allegations, Memon said the same accusations could also be leveled against Mirza.
“Zulfiqar Mirza should go through the message of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari posted on Twitter,” Memon advised, adding that, “Bilawal’s message is a clear indication to all PPP workers and also for the people of Badin.”