SA wellness is focused on enhancing the security and quality of patient care and attaining the patient outcomes that are best feasible.
The security training System is an application that permits all SA wellness solutions to record, manage, research and analyse client and worker incidents along with customer feedback. It can also be employed for recording information on protection solutions also to record formal notifications such as those for coronial things or medical malpractice.
The objective of each one of the SLS modules, and which legislation they reference, is described within the table of Key SLS Modules (PDF 92KB).
Any employee with an SA Health HAD login can record an event into SLS.
Skip to parts of information utilising the matching sugardaddyforme links below:
Great things about SLS for the buyer and SA wellness services
Advantages of SLS for the customer and SA wellness services includes:
- It facilitates good governance that is clinical providing just one system across SA Health that manages incidents, customer feedback and notifications.
- SLS has helped embed a tradition of security and quality in to the day-to-day routines of all SA wellness employees whilst the findings regarding the review or research of occasions in SLS provides an easy method through which valuable classes can be learnt and high quality improvements identified.
- The machine is employed to examine styles in reported activities and recognize particular areas for enhancement at both a state-wide and Health that is local Network (LHN).
- Whenever combined with information off their systems when you look at the LHN Analytics and Reporting provider (LARS) and QIP Hub, SLS enables all staff to observe how SA health insurance and their own health unit compare up against the National protection and Quality Service guidelines (as well as different state key performance indicators).
- It can help to share with employees as well as the public by facilitating the publication that is annual of Southern Australian individual protection Report. This report also includes a synopsis of some of the quality enhancement initiatives which were implemented, some being the consequence of styles which have been identified from SLS information.
- From the introduction of SLS this year we could see a noticable difference when you look at the reporting of incidents in to the system from 32,696 reported for 2011/2012 in contrast to 61023 reported in 2017-2018. More to the point, we are able to see a reduction that is overall incidents with damage that are down 57% from 2011/2012. Which means that since its inception our company is now catching more dangers and near misses which offer us using the information to avoid those from reoccurring or getting more severe.
Staff use SLS in many ways based on their role and obligations. You will find guides and training to help users whom:
- Are recording an event or near skip into SLS (notifiers)
- Have actually obligation for breakdown of reported incidents (supervisors or supervisors will require access that is user/login
- Have responsibility to create reports and use them for quality monitoring and improvement styles.
Some SLS data is additionally presented from the QIP Hub.
SLS features quantity of modules for various purposes and kinds of incidents. Each has information and resources to aid users.
Patient incidents in SLS. Perform Health Protection incidents in SLS
Every person services that are providing behalf of SA wellness must record all patient associated incidents, including near misses, into SLS. All incidents reported into SLS are evaluated and severe incidents undergo more investigation that is detailed.
Work Health and protection (WHS) reporting into SLS ensures a process that is standardised conform to appropriate needs and also to provide information to aid future risk control and WHS prevention programs.
Information in WHS event reports on SLS is governed by the Perform Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA)
All employees ought to report Perform Health and protection incidents including:
- Dangers, such as for example gear faults, ecological facets
- Incidents without any damage
- Incidents with damage or damage, including bodily damage or psychological stress
Security incidents in SLS
A safety event is any occasion or scenario that led to a ask for crisis or non-emergency safety attendance. Included in these are whenever some of the Emergency Codes are known as.
The reporting and report on both crisis and non-emergency protection incidents to SLS will subscribe to enhancing safety for clients, employees and site site visitors.
You can find legislative along with other demands to help keep documents of whenever these incidents happen.
Customer feedback in SLS
Customer feedback (including complaints, compliments, advice and suggestions) are recorded and managed in SLS to push enhancement when you look at the quality of medical care solutions provided and enable the identification of styles and danger. In addition it allows wellness solutions to ensure they truly are responding in a manner that is timely the issues regarding the customers.
Notifications in SLS
The Notifications module offers a system for nominated SA wellness supervisors to record information regarding notifiable incidents. These generally include fatalities (under demands for the Coroners Act 2003), prospective medical malpractice and alleged sexual attack or misconduct incidents.
Coroners and Medical Malpractice notifications are evaluated by SA Health’s Legal Governance and Insurance solutions Unit (ISU) and referred on to SAICORP as needed.
These notifications don’t consist of those needed by SafeWork or Public wellness notifications.
Finding SLS on your desktop
To locate SLS on your own SA wellness computer, click Start – All Programs – business programs – SAH Applications – protection Learning System